Be it your first time or 10th one; moving day is always challenging. Arranging the packing materials, sorting the heavy and light belongings, dissembling the furniture, packing them, and assembling them after shifting, whew!! Much work and much stress! There comes the need for a helping hand, the professional movers and packers. But how do you choose the right person? Undoubtedly, going through the movers best review is helpful. However, it is not enough as the number of pseudo feedback has been increased day by day. Today’s blog will help you guide how to appoint the best movers. Keep reading till the end!
How is the importance of movers best review
Select a trustworthy mover
They say, always work with reputable movers, but never explain how to choose them. Well, there are a few steps that you need to follow. First of all, seek help from the most rated movers who have good customer feedback. Afterward, make sure to select more than four companies or individual movers, shortlist them in two or three based on movers best review, and request estimations or quotes from them. And in this step, you have to be very careful. Running after the cheap ones is nothing but foolishness. Hence, seek assistance from one who offers your desired service at reasonable rates. The third and most important thing to do is: check out a moving company’s terms and conditions. If you find anything fishy on your chosen company’s website, mark it as a red flag and proceed with your next choice.
Red flags to avoid
While fake reviews and ratings among original movers best review is a matter of concern, there are other delicate subjects as well! They include:
- No physical address
- High deposit upfront
- No written estimation
So, this is how you can select a trustworthy mover. But how come you be sure that their offered services will be helpful? For that, you would surely need assurance from your appointed movers, isn’t it?
How to get assurance for your relocation?
Solely relying on the movers best review might not be that much obliging. To ensure the safety and security of your assets, make sure to check out whether the full services moving company you’re going to appoint has insurance coverage. The insured and bonded company or the individual mover takes full responsibility for your belongings if any damage occurs. Hence, you can stay in total peace of mind.
The thing that you need to do on your part
- Contact the service provider and ask how much coverage they would provide.
- Check whether they offer the deal of replacement value protection.
- Enquire whether they would compensate the loss of the item that you have packed yourself (usually, no movers or packers take such risk).
- Ask how to claim your compensation and if there is any time limit for it.
Never work with a broker
When you deal with a broker, the moving charge becomes twice more. You get the same quality service at a much higher charge. While with movers, the fees remain much affordable. Hence, make sure there is no negotiator between you and the actual mover. Not only do the charges become high, brokers or sub-contractors hardly take any liability for broken or damaged assets. Ask the company directly, if they offer the service via any sub-contractor and take written consent.
Written quotes are a “Must”
Even if your selected company has a license, offers insurance coverage, and comes among the movers best review, make sure not to accept verbal consent. Apart from asking for a written quote, you must also:
- Receive a quote that is signed or approved by the representative of the company
- Check if the quote includes the value and size of the items, numbers of packages, payment terms, and cost of the entire service.
- Enquire if there are any additional charges, and ask them to include them in the written quote.
- Ask the movers to look at the items to be moved before preparing the draft.
- Know about the deposit upfront that you need to make
- Read the quote carefully, and if there is any doubt, clear it before initiating the move.
- Lastly, yet most importantly, the expected delivery date and commitments about special items must have been written in the quote.
So, these are a few other aspects that you need to consider other than movers’ best review while narrowing down your ‘best moving companies near me‘ search results. Not to mention, excellent self-preparation, awareness, and choosing the right helping hand can turn your move into a relaxing and effortless one. By not keeping the movers waiting long, tipping them well, mentioning which items are fragile and delicate can lead you to enjoy a successful moving journey.